Hey,

Hey,
Home

Monday 19 December 2016

2016 - The Year That Was


2016 has been one unconventional year. It started off perfectly, and throughout the year, I traveled more than I wanted. That makes me content on this last month of the year, when I’m looking back at it all.

Life has a funny way of proving you wrong. It takes turns and you never know what it might have in store for you.  2016 was the year of many firsts. The first of my bonding with a lot new but ever so amazing people I call friends. This year, I let my guard down and let people in, did not worry whether or not my five-year plan will work or not, and if I’ll be able to achieve all the milestones I’ve set for myself. Instead, this year I followed my instinct. I chose to live in the moment, which is hard for a person like me to do.
I saw people at their worst, and it made me fall in love with their flaws. Humans are beautifully knitted with imperfections, and raw emotions is what draws me to people.

This year, I’ve learned countless many things about myself, and known people better because of them. Its also been that year where life took unexpected turns, I’ve lost loved ones, cut off contact from some people I thought are going to be my side forever. Some have seen me at my worst and they still stand by my side, and cheer me on when I’m tired from the daily grind of life.
This word ‘forever’ is a relative term. It means different for each one of us. You’d be surprised how much you are capable of bearing. When life knocks you down only then you know that you lived through the worst and did so with courage.

The way I see it, if you have people who are willing to stand by you through your worst time, check up on you often and are genuinely there for you, you’re lucky beyond measure. To have support from your family and friends in all the stupid decisions you take in life is something not many have. If you do, hold onto it.
Be a rock for your friends, their saving grace. Be the friend who extends support. Look out for your friends. Be a supportive colleague. Play your part in spreading positivity all around you.
Life – a balance between what your heart wants and what your brain knows. Constant struggle between options. The option of living your life to your full potential, or finding middle ground that your brain agrees on. Such mess, but a very organized, sweet chaos.

Just keep swimming with your head held high, and a very happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment