Hey,

Hey,
Home

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Of Changes, Good and Bad


If you know me even in the slightest, you would know that I am a big advocate of changes. I believe life should not be lived staying at a constant state and changes are good.

However, some changes take place all around us, every day and we fail to recognize them as ‘changes’. These events are marked as daily happenings and we are a little too slow to mark them as significant alterations. Growth, as a human being, is one of them. We tend to ignore how we evolve as a person on daily basis, and when we look back at things we realize a lot has changed.

The debate that changes are good or bad remains standing. The people around us do not remain with us forever. ‘Best friends forever’ is a funny term. Having used it quite a few times, I’ve concluded that it never lasts. At least, not in the same way. Of all the friendships I’ve lost along the way and the new ones that have blossomed, I’m forever grateful for this circle that keeps changing. Old friends remain the best ones and have a special place in your heart. Some of the friends I’ve lost my ways with, it still hits me at times how distant we’ve become when I come to know about significant changes in their life through social media. It kills me how we’re not in contact on daily basis and it’s bittersweet.

To all my old friends reading this, I miss us. I miss the way things were, when we didn’t have this much to worry about and were carefree. Those were the days. If given an option, I would surely opt for reliving my university life all over again! That is the extent of me missing my friends. University gave me a lot many people to call friends, and they are the ones I want to share my joys and sorrows till date. I’m glad that equation is the same.

I hope you too have special friends in your life, who make time fly by when they are around, make your heart free of all the troubles and your shoulders drop some weight that you feel you’re obliged to carry. Know who they are, and value them above everyone else.

*Updating the blog after years. Silently vowing to be more active here.*


Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment